Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are two of many different cannabinoids present in cannabis. Both CBD and THC interact with cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, to produce a variety of effects. It is both CBD and THC help with or limit the effects of a variety of conditions. CBD is more abundant in hemp and THC is more abundant in marijuana.
There are hundreds of cannabinoid receptors throughout the human body that cause specific physiological effects. Cannabinoids supplement with aliments such as:
- General discomfort
- General discontent
- Appetite Loss
- Muscle Spasms
CBD and THC are both found in both hemp and marijuana produce their effects via the endocannabinoid system. They work with different receptors though and produce different effects to be aware of.
The “High” Feeling
The most notable difference between the two is that THC makes you “high” and CBD does not.
The CB1 receptor is concentrated in the brain and thus is the receptor responsible for the psychoactive effects of Cannabis. The THC is the cannabis plant works primarily with this CB1 receptor type and is the reason for its effect on memory, concentration, altered time perception, and hallucinations. The high feeling in marijuana has many people using it as a recreational activity.
Where Do They Come From?
Both CBD and THC are cannabinoids found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. There are two main types of Cannabis being Hemp and Marijuana. Hemp legally has no more than 0.3% THC. Marijuana usually has 5-20% THC but can have up to 30%.
In a healthy individual, there is no evidence that it will have any impact. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), CBD is safe in large quantities, and the only potential side effects are likely the result of interactions with other medications a person may be taking.
THC has some mild side effects; some of which are more common in individuals new to its use. THC will commonly result in feeling high, memory loss, slow response times, reduce coordination, red eyes, and dry mouth. In rare cases it can cause panic attacks and mild hallucinations. These rare cases are more common in individuals new to THC use that take too high of a dose. Individuals with underlying mental disorders may have an increase the risk of developing schizophrenia with THC use.
It is important to note that it is virtually impossible to overdose using either CBD or THC.
Are CBD and THC Legal?
Disclaimer: This section is just advice. It is advisable to seek out official laws and regulations for your needs.
The Hemp Farming act of 2018 passage of the 2018 Farm Bill made industrial Hemp growing legal in the U.S. as long that it complies with state and local laws. It is fully legal in some states, such as Colorado, and conditionally legal in others. Some states have age purchase restrictions. Some states require that the CBD contains 0% THC. Some states require that the FDA approves a product first. Because of the incredible amount of variations of laws and regulation, that are ever-changing, you need to do your own research for your area.
It is still Federally illegal for THC and marijuana unless you have a medical license for it. Many States have passed laws for it to be fully or conditionally legal. This means that in a state with fully legal THC laws, like in Colorado, a state trooper or a local police department may not have authority to take action against THC, but a federal agent from Border Patrol or the DEA can take full action against it.Bottom of Form
How to use CBD and THC
Many people choose to smoke or vape marijuana and/or CBD. Both can be found in Oils or Concentrates.
At Steve’s Goods we specialize in high quality Colorado Sourced CBD and CBG. We take careful steps and procedures to produce the best products on the market. Here are a few of our suggested products.
- CBD HEMP OIL TINCTURES
- This is a versatile form of CBD Oil and is perfect for those new to CBD because it is easy to use. They go directly on your tongue, under your tongue, in your food, or in you drinks. Tinctures have a longer shelf life, are more bio-accessible, and taste better. Try flavors like Blueberry and Watermelon. They are delicious!
- CBD CONCENTRATES
- A pure and potent form of CBD. They can take forms such as wax and shatter that can be dabbed on its own or sprinkled over your favorite smoking blend.
- CBD EDIBLES
- Try a tasty treat such as gummies, lollipops, or coffee with boosted benefits. Get an endorphin rush from pleasurable snacks
- CBD CREAMS AND TOPICALS
- Focus pain relief quickly Creams and Bath Bombs. They will make you feel better and provide nourishment for your skin. A popular item is the Steve’s Goods Wowzer On a Stick. Simply apply it on an area that is stiff and relief will be nearly immediate.
- CBD BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- Invigorate your skin via CBD Moisturizer and Creams. Enflower, a Steve’s Goods partner, has created products for women, by women.
- CBD ISOLATE
- This fine white powder is 99% pure CBD! It is created by refining down Hemp oil. It can be added to your cookies, coffee, tea, or smoking blend.