First discovered in the 1990’s; endocannabinoids were found in the human body. These cannabis identical substances are naturally produced by the human body. Scientists studied the cannabinoids vigorously and concluded that the effects of cannabis are a product of the cannabinoids mimicking our endocannabinoids. The main function of the endocannabinoid system is to maintain bodily homeostasis. It is the body’s way to create balance and harmony during environmental changes. This newly discovered system has taxonomic evidence that it has evolved over a 500-million-year span. Biologist have found the endocannabinoid system to be present in all vertebrates which include amphibians, birds, fish, and mammals.
Initially it was thought that endocannabinoid receptors were only present in the brain and in nerves. Though more thorough research it was discovered that the receptors are present throughout the body. Our skin, immune cells, bone, fat tissue, liver, pancreas, skeletal muscle, blood vessels, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract all have cannabinoids to help regulate their respective systems. This wide range of influence means that the endocannabinoid system is involved in a wide variety of processes, including pain, memory, mood, appetite, sleep, metabolism, immune function, and reproductive function. Endocannabinoids are arguably one of the most widespread and versatile signaling molecules known to man.
What is the role of the Endocannabinoid System?
The endocannabinoid system is an important in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. It has strong evidence that it plays an especially important regulatory role of hormones relating to reproductive functions and mood response. In humans this system also balances energy and influences the function of the food intake centers of the central nervous system and gastrointestinal tract activity. Rimonabant, a cannabinoid-1 receptor (CB1) blocker, has been shown to reduce body weight and improve an individual’s cardiovascular risk factor in the obese by increasing HDL-cholesterol and adiponectin blood levels as well as decreasing LDL-cholesterol, leptin, and C-reactive protein concentrations.
How to fuel the endocannabinoid system
To supply the ECS you need supply it with cannabinoids. Steve’s Goods has a variety of CBD products. Many products include CBG, the mother of all cannabinoids. To get a variety of cannabinoids look for our full spectrum products such as our CBG oil. Each CBG batch is lab tested and the results are posted with the product image. Hear are a few of our favorite products.
- CBD HEMP OIL TINCTURES
- This is a versatile form of CBD Oil and is perfect for those new to CBD because it is easy to use. They go directly on your tongue, under your tongue, in your food, or in you drinks. Tinctures have a longer shelf life, are more bio-accessible, and taste better. Try flavors like Blueberry and Watermelon. They are delicious!
- CBD CONCENTRATES
- A pure and potent form of CBD. They can take forms such as wax and shatter that can be dabbed on its own or sprinkled over your favorite smoking blend.
- CBD EDIBLES
- Try a tasty treat such as gummies, lollipops, or coffee with boosted benefits. Get an endorphin rush from pleasurable snacks
- CBD CREAMS AND TOPICALS
- Focus pain relief quickly Creams and Bath Bombs. They will make you feel better and provide nourishment for your skin. A popular item is the Steve’s Goods Wowzer On a Stick. Simply apply it on an area that is stiff and relief will be nearly immediate.
- Cannabigerol is the “Mother of all cannabinoids.” Through photosynthesis it breaks down into chemicals like CBD and THC. This makes it exceedingly difficult to produce it naturally. We spent over a year of specialized research to perfect our all natural CBG.
- CBD ISOLATE
- This fine white powder is 99% pure CBD! It is created by refining down Hemp oil. It can be added to your cookies, coffee, tea, or smoking blend.